If you read the post up from this you’ll see that I just tried out Qumana and wasn’t all that happy with it. It was nice to be able to blog without logging into WordPress, but it had a couple of deal breakers for me.
Unfortunately none of the free solutions I’ve come across have looked to do what I wanted. So it’s off to try a few of the free demos. The first one I’m looking at is MarsEdit.
- Preview – It’s possible to put in your own preview templates so you can see what your post will look like online. It would be nice if this could be automated though.
- Posting a draft – It looks like you can post to your blog as a draft instead of posting live. This gives the chance to clean it up as needed.
- Media – It’s pretty mindless to upload images. Click a button in the toolbar, drag an image, and upload it.
- Tags – Tags look to be just a matter of typing in what you want. We’ll see how it works after publishing, but for now it looks really good.
- Spellcheck – Spellcheck is built in and it’s smart enough not to underline words that you are still typing.
- WYSIWYG – Doesn’t seem to support direct WYSIWYG editing. Not a deal breaker for me since I’m fairly good with HTML, but it’s nice to not always need to use it.