Found myself setting up another WordPress blog this afternoon – blatant link plug – and got to thinking that I do the same steps every time I setup a new blog, and probably should write them down. So here are my steps. They may be a little different on your end, and I’d like to hear any thoughts, but this post is at least partially so I have a place to go next time so I don’t have to try and remember everything.
- Register domain name – I use GoDaddy, but it really doesn’t matter who you use
- Login to WHM and create the account. I’ve got a dedicated server so it doesn’t cost anything extra to make a new site, just a little time
- Download, unzip, and upload WordPress to the new site
- Create the MySQL database in cPanel
- Go to the new site and do the WordPress install
- Upload the theme, customizing if necessary
- Activate Akismet
- Add Google Analytics and Adsense code to the theme
- Write a post!