For the past few months I’ve been using TSW Web Coder for web development. It is an outstanding program. Unfortunately, my computer is too slow for it. The biggest problem was random crashes. Re-installs would help, but I got tired of it. So, out I went looking for a replacement. I found PHP Designer 2005.
Sure, I know Zend Studio is supposed to be excellent. But, it’s really expensive. It sure is nice to find free software, and PHP Designer 2005 is.
- Syntax Highlighting: PHP, HTML, XHTML, CSS, Java, SQL, JS, and a mixed HTML/CSS/JS/PHP – and you can customize the colors
- Insertion of common PHP commands
- Class & Function browser (this may be my favorite feature)
- Bracket highlighting
- Run PHP scripts through the PHP interpreter and view results
- To Do list
- Project Manager
- FTP support
- Code library
- Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2k, or XP
- 64mb RAM
- MSIE 4.0 or higher for internal preview
- SVGA Display
- 3mb hard drive space
The publisher also has a WYSIWIG HTML editor called HTML Gate, but I haven’t used it. It looks pretty good, though.
To download PHP Designer 2005, visit the MP Software Home Page.